This dessert was off the charts. It looked just like a bakery item you might buy. It was so easy with a juicy cinnamony peach taste that can't be beat. An extra bonus for me was being able to try out a recent gift of silicone liners for the sheet pan. My goodness these liners worked well. A great replacement for parchment paper.
Cook's Notes: Recipe makes four tarts with 1/2 box of Puff Pastry sheets.
- 2 cups diced peaches from about 3 peaches
- 1 TB. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- 1 TB. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. instant tapioca
- dash of salt
- 1/2 package of frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tsp. water
- 2 TB. sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg lightly beaten with 1 tsp.water
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl add peaches, brown sugar, lemon juice, almond extract. tapioca and salt.
- Stir well and let stand 10 minutes.
- Place one puff pasty sheet on baking sheet. Cut into four rectangles. Use a slotted spoon and divide peach mixture among 4 rectangle sheets.
- Fold the pastry over the filling to form a triangle, pulling top over filling. Seal edges with a fork.
- Make three 1 inch slits on top for a vent.
- Brush each turnover with an egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 17 minutes. Serve warm.