- 3 cups polenta, cut into cubes
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cubed, peeled butternut squash or yellow summer squash
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 2 TB.olive oil
- 2 TB. honey
- 1/2 tsp. each dried thyme, parsley and rosemary or 1 TB. each fresh rosemary, thyme and parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 lb. uncooked mild Italian sausage links, each link cut into thirds
- Optional dried cranberries 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone pad.
- In a bowl combine polenta, mushrooms, onions, peppers and squash. Drizzle with oil, honey, herbs, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread out on sheet.
- Prick each sausage a few times with a fork. Place in pan with vegetables.
- Roast 30 minutes or until sausages are done, stirring once. If desired, top with additional rosemary. Add dried cranberries last 10 minutes of cooking time.