Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, February 18, 2013

The World According to Bella and Easy Breakfast Ideas

Snow banks at the lake are getting to be a challenge for me. Once over the banks my leaping, bounding and exploring are slowed down by all the snow. But this trip to the lake I have managed to stay out of trouble by not eating fish skins or unexpected cleaned fish fillets from my next door neighbor. I guess all my barking at deer sighted on MY property alerted Paul, our neighbor of our arrival.
With added outdoor exercise trying to get through the snow my tummy growls with hunger pains all day long. My first hunger alarm goes off at 5:30 AM. If I get an early breakfast out of Mrs. S my next hunger alarm starts at 3:30 PM. I really think my food ration could be upped a notch during this weather. Don't you?
Yesterday after a long nap I was up for writing one of my stories called Busted Again for WWN (Rockport, Texas) newsletter. Check out my story by following this link  
http://www.wwnrockport.com/2013/02/the-world-according-to-bella-busted.html#more
________________________________________________________________
Ina Garten in her book Barefoot Contessa Parties  (p.26) offers some wise words, "I can't say enough about assembling food rather than cooking it. I keep telling myself that my friends won't have more fun if I spend two days making daquoise ( a dessert cake made with a layer of almond hazelnut meringue and whipped cream) for dessert than if I find a delicious pound cake at a bakery, serve it with store bought lemon curd and fresh raspberries. In fact, they will have more fun because I'm relaxed and having fun, too."
So this week will be posting some breakfast/brunch items that are easy to put together so you can put more fun into your day.
Strawberry and Banana Smoothie
recipe adapted from www.preventioon.com
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 large banana cut into slices
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 6 frozen strawberries and 6 frozen raspberries
  • granola
Directions:
Place all ingredients except granola in blender for 20 seconds-then scrape sides and mix another 15 seconds
to serve top with granola
follow this link for more healthy smoothie recipes 
Ever Ready Eggs Benedict
Cook's note: And easy recipe that looks like you spent a lot of time in kitchen. A side of roasted asparagus would be a great addition.
Ingredients:
  • Canadian bacon
  • eggs
  • English muffins
  • dill weed
  • tomato slices 
  • Knorrs Hollandaise sauce mix package

Directions:
  • Make Hollandaise sauce according to package directions-set pan aside with lid on to keep warm 
  • Slice tomatoes set aside on paper towel
  • Wrap bacon in foil and place in oven cook @400 for 15 minutes
  • Cook eggs sunny side up in fry pan
  • Toast English muffins
Assemble
Muffin, bacon, tomato slice, egg,sauce and a sprinkle of dill weed on top





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...