Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, August 26, 2013

The World According to Bella

An Easy Catch
As you can see Mr. C was confident he would catch a fish.  The fillet board and knife were clean and ready for the dinner he hoped to have that night. 

Several evenings a week Mr. C and I go out in the boat to our favorite fishing spot. I am always on high alert each time hoping to snap up a fish as it's reeled in. But sometimes I do annoy Mr. C with all my barking. I just get so excited  when he casts out his line with a night crawler on the end. 

Last night Mr. C was not his usual sharp self. Based on my past history you'd think he would have been more careful. Remember the fish episode from last winter?  Our neighbor Paul had his walleye fillet cleaned ready to grill placed it in a plastic bag in the snowbank but left it unattended.  Meanwhile that fish scent sent me in a tizzy.  I ran over to his yard snatched that fish fillet right out of the snowbank before Paul even noticed.  But sadly, I was busted a short time later. Mrs S shared our dinner with Paul that night and I stayed out of their way.  

Well Mr. C was lucky and caught a fish yesterday. He docked the boat and left the squirming fish in the net laying on the bottom of the boat. We got off the boat. Mr. C  headed for garage to put his rod away. But then  it occurred to me that fish was still in the boat unattended.  I quickly ran back down the hill and made a flying leap over the railing into the boat. 
I snatched that fish right out of the net and began chewing on it. It was then Mr. C ran down the hill yelling. I kept hearing "Drop it Bella, drop it!!" He tried yanking the fish from my clenched jaws but I held on tight it was  a bitter struggle. Finally I gave in and dropped the fish. I was tired of listening to Mr. C 's yelling.  He decided that mangled mess of a fish was not worth an evening meal.  In the end neither of us won and there were no extra doggie treats for me that night. 
Love, Bella

_____________________________________________
Corn- Tomato- Zucchini Relish
Cook's notes: On August 23, I posted a recipe for Corn- Tomato- Zucchini Relish.  My tomato crop is bursting with the continued hot and muggy weather. So I revisited the recipe and came up with a shortcut version. 
I used the same ingredients as previously listed: corn, peppers, red onion, tomatoes, zucchini, corn but added fresh basil torn leaves. Instead of making the dressing this time, I used a product called Ken's Lite Northern Italian with Basil and Romano. It was a great addition that took little time and the relish was a perfect side to a grilled dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...