Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, December 29, 2014

The World According to Bella and an Herbed Shrimp Antipasto Appetizer

Wrapping Up Christmas
My stocking was quite full on Christmas day. Santa must have gotten my letter and knew right where to find me.  Food gifts are always a hit. Now Mrs. S can now start baking for me with this package of dog biscuit dough, chicken flavor.  
I did get a Chuckit-the deluxe model called the Ultra Grip Ball Launcher Model. I can't wait to try it out at the dog park this week. It will be lots of fun.  
I still wished I had gotten the camouflage back pack Sadie has-maybe next year. This is what I dreamed I'd look like wearing it. 
It's Day 5 and I'm doing pretty good on that very large rawhide bone I got before Christmas.  Only one end is left but my jaws are getting pretty sore.  
Love, Bella
PS. Mrs. S and I really had fun on Christmas Eve keeping track of Santa's journey around the world with NORAD (The North American Aerospace Defense Command). We also checked the live tweets during the evening so we would know when he was getting close to our house. I hope you had a fun Christmas. I'm really looking forward to another road trip in the new year. 
_____________________________________________________
Herbed Shrimp Antipasto
Cook's notes:  Serve an appetizer with a Mediterranean flair by marinating shrimp, olives, provolone, cheese, mushrooms  in an herbed vinaigrette. The recipe is easy and comes from McCormick.com
Ingredients:

  • 1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
  • 8 ounces provolone or mozzarella cheese, cut in bite-sized pieces
  • 8 ounces (about 2 cups) vegetables, such as small whole mushrooms and fresh cauliflower florets
  • 1 large red bell pepper, cut in bite-sized pieces
  • 1 can (6 ounces) pitted large ripe olives, drained
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons basil leaves or 1 tsp. dried basil
  • 1 tsp.thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp. thyme 
  • 1 tsp. oregano leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
  • 2 tsp.sugar

Directions:
  • Place shrimp, cheese, vegetables and olives in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. 
  • Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl. Pour over shrimp and vegetables; toss to coat well.
  • Refrigerate 2 hours or up to 12 hours, stirring vegetables or turning bag occasionally. 
  • Drain and serve on individual plates or a platter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Puff Pastry with Salmon, Radishes and Garlic Cream Cheese

Radishes and Smoked Salmon with Puff Pastry Cook's Notes : An easy puff pastry treat that's a great way to start your morning or ser...