Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A Little of This and Little of That

Just a Reminder 
Hope you've been squirreling away poems for 

April 30, 2020 Here's a poetic piece to get your collection started 
Ars Poetica
by Georgia Heard

In September, small poems lay
still and silent inside your hearts.
If you listened carefully,
you might have heard
the quivering of wings.

In January, from the corner
of your eye, you could have spied
a flutter or two –
poems slowly unfolding,
delicate silken wings.

In April, poems began to appear everywhere!
Rainbow wings beating, flapping,
hovering over desks, hanging
from the ceiling, tips of noses, tops of heads.
It was difficult to get any work done!

Now, your butterfly poems
fly free. You fold the memory
into your hearts. Poems —
small butterflies raised, watched,
let loose into the world.


Members of the Buzz Feed Community were asked to share their favorite lines of poetry in honor of National Poetry Month. Here are some of their responses. I had difficulty choosing a favorite but really liked the expressive emotion conveyed in these lines. 

From “Funeral Blues” by W.H. Auden:
“He was my North, my South, my East and my West
My working week and my Sunday rest
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever, I was wrong.”

Check it out-you might find just find a favorite of your own.
48 Of The Most Beautiful Lines Of Poetry

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahgalo/measuring-my-life-with-coffee-spoons?bffb&utm_term=.lwxqKOK3v9#.jc8YdGd1Lg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...