Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Saturday, April 25, 2020

I Spy

When my children were young "I Spy Mystery" series were books that kept their attention going on a scavenger hunt page by page looking for certain objects. 
Recently our yard has become a bit of a scavenger hunt as each hour and/or day some new bloom pops up. With 70 some cacti in pots or in the ground we've finally figured out each one is going to bloom. The mystery lies in when. Two of the latest additons include:

Recently I posted a link in Quarantine Cooking to a recipe White Chocolate Covered Oreo Spring Flowers.  https://www.somethingswanky.com/white-chocolate-covered-oreos-spring-flowers/
I was intrigued with the idea of a recipe using only 3 ingredients. A fun recipe for kids to make. 
So I decided to try the recipe myself and it's a rare occurance when I actually have all the needed ingredients. 
I made half of the recipe using 1/2 bag of melting white chocolate. Be sure to use high quality chocolate like Wilton or Ghirardelli. I followed the author's suggestion of melting the white chocolate in a coffee mug. Then I stirred until smooth, dipped one cookie in mug at a time before placing on a parchment lined cookie sheet. 
I found using a small tong worked well. Be sure to coat both sides of the cookie well with melting chocolate. Once all cookies were coated, I arranged 6 M & M's on each Oreo cookie for flower design. The baking sheet was placed in the refrigerator for 30 minutes for cookie to set.    
IT'S A REGIONAL THING
Where I come from Ice Out refers to a lake moment many eagerly await each spring.
There are many annual contests held with prizes to see who can guess when that magical day may occur.   
But here in the Southwest the metrologists talk incessantly about Ice Break. It means that accurate prediction when the first day of a new year the temperature soars to 100 or more.  
It's predicted within the next week. But believe me it feels like today even though thermometer says 98. And don't believe those who say its only a dry heat. 98 is 98 HOT HOT and we'd be lucky in Minnesota to feel that in July. 


1 comment:

  1. "I spy mystery" was a great book for my kids too! They loved it, thanks for the memory ��

    ReplyDelete

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...