The Skinny on Cauliflower Rice
If using a prepared package don't defrost it if it's frozen. Sauté instead of simmer. and use high heat to cook it quickly. Lastly, avoid meal prepping as will get soggy.
- Boulder Canyon Riced Cauliflower
- Trader Joe's Organic Riced Cauliflower
- Earthbound Farms Riced Cauliflower
- Birds Eye Veggie Made Riced Cauliflower
- Earthbound Farm Organic Riced Cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower into small chunks.
- Place into a food processor.
- Pulse until the cauliflower resembles the texture of rice. Work in batches, if necessary, and be careful not to over-process or it’ll get mushy. If you don’t have a food processor, you can grate the cauliflower with a box grater.
- After your cauliflower is “riced,” you can use it plain in any recipe that calls for raw cauliflower rice.
Note that the sodium in the soy sauce will cause the cauliflower to release its natural moisture and unlike real rice which will easily soaks up the soy sauce, cauliflower rice does not.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3/4 lb. boneless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3/4 cup diced sweet red peppers
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (either prepared or a head pulsed)
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas and diced carrots (frozen and don't thaw)
- 1/3 cup green onions, diced
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs
- Place 3 eggs in a screw type jar, cover and shake well to mix, set aside.
- To to skillet add half the sesame and olive oil. Sauté chicken with garlic. ginger and diced red pepper 5 minutes or until cooked on a medium low heat.
- Remove chicken and place on a paper towel lined paper plate and cover.
- Add cauliflower with rest of oils, soy sauce, chili paste and peas and carrots. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes until rice is softened. Add in chicken mixture or shredded chicken.
- Push rice mixtures to side, scramble eggs on a medium low heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir scrambled eggs into rice mixture, add chopped scallions, sesame seeds and cook 1 minute more. Do not overcook. Optional adding cashews on top.