Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Friday, April 23, 2021

Cheese Ravioli with Roasted Asparagus, Tomatoes, Garlic and Herbs

Truth be told I've been squirreling away ketchup packets for quite some time not even realizing until recently there was a shortage. For me, there's never enough ketchup and I wouldn't want to run out.  Here's an interesting link that explains supply and demand issues.

Cheese Ravioli with Roasted Asparagus, Tomatoes Garlic, and Herbs 
Cook's Notes: Four cheese ravioli are paired with roasted asparagus and tomatoes, garlic and herbs drizzled with dark balsamic vinegar, Parmesan cheese, and a dollop of prepared marinara sauce. Toasting walnuts added a good flavor and a nice crunch. It's a delicious dinner company-worthy, so easy, and looks a little bit fancy.
The recipe serves 4 but ingredients can easily be increased to serve more.
Ingredients:
  • 1 package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
  • 1 bunch of thin asparagus, woody ends trimmed
  • 1 small container of grape tomatoes
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 -2 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar (good quality)
  • 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
  • Fresh basil and parsley
  • 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1 container prepared marinara sauce (refrigerated section)
Directions:
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone pad. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Place asparagus spears on a baking sheet. Arrange garlic around spears. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast for 10 minutes.
  • Add tomatoes and add olive oil and balsamic vinegar if needed and roast 10 minutes more.
  • Cook ravioli according to manufacturer's directions and drain.
  • Arrange on a serving plate with ravioli on the bottom, then add asparagus spears and tomatoes on top. Drizzle with some of the marinara sauce, grated Parmesan cheese over the sauce, top with toasted walnuts. and fresh parsley and basil.
Ending with an
For years I've been posting recipes with what I hope are delectable and irresistible photos thinking followers might try a recipe or two. I have been wanting to try an air fryer for quite some time so borrowed my friend's machine. I picked out an easy Lemon Honey Chicken recipe. I marinated the meat for an hour, then drained the sauce. I carefully put the meat in the basket, adding in onions and peppers, and shut the door tightly. My husband read the instruction book and we opted for auto chicken 25 minutes. After 15 minutes it did seem like a burning smell was wafting out. But my husband assured me it was all fine. I was instructed not to open the door until the timer went off. I should NOT have listened to him here is what came out.
I had grapefruit and toast for dinner. Perhaps I'm not destined to own an air fryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...