Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, February 14, 2022

Creativity Knows No Bounds

Sometimes we all need a little adventure in our lives and I certainly found it at The Wertz Farm Gourd Festival this past weekend. This festival has been a part of the Casa Grande, AZ community since 2004. Here I found 100 gourd artists and vendors selling, a huge exhibit hall for a gourd show judging in a variety of categories. Outside there were games, raffles, mini gourdster races, food booths, musical entertainment and A LOT of raw gourds for sale. 
WHO KNEW...there could be so many unfinished gourds unfinished to buy. Some of the ladies I went with are serious about their gourds as having acquired many of the necessary tools, paints, decorative ad-ons, and feathers. Looks to me like a huge investment and commitment so I leaned toward buying a finished product.
Inside the exhibitor area completed gourds were judged in a variety of categories. Even the new artist category showed impressive results with very detailed work.

In another arena, gourd selling was in high gear and oh my, the choices!


I found it fascinating and so creative one can turn a gourd into a fashionable lamp.
I was happy with my purchases and do admire the craftsmanship evident by the exhibitors.    

A cake heart just for you
Recipe previously posted 
https://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2014/02/eat-dessert-first.html

1 comment:

  1. This gourd art is absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing this unique art. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Mexican Taco Casserole

  Mexican Taco Casserole-perfect weeknight meal  Cook's Notes : This Mexican Taco Casserole is such a versatile dish. You can add more o...