Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Wednesday, November 8, 2023

A Little of This and A Little of That

Twice a month I write a food column for a local newspaper The Pilot Independent called The Seasonal Plate. Recently Skillet Pasta with Ham and Cheese was posted. It's so gratifying for me when an avid reader tries one of my recipes. She even sent this photo. 

Sue E. wrote, " I tried this week's pasta recipe and we loved it! I even toasted the walnuts, they were fragrant and good for us!. Thank you for sharing this. It says it serves 3 but we'll definitely get another dinner out of it, and we did not even have salads!" 

Photo of Sue with her culinary masterpiece. Below is the recipe for the dish I submitted to the newspaper.  
Skillet Pasta with Ham and Cheese

https://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2019/10/skillet-pasta-with-ham-and-cheese.html

Early in the fall Audrey Kletscher Helbling, who blogs from southern Minnesota
at https://mnprairieroots.wordpress.com/
sent me this photo of her mouthwatering Blueberry Peach Galette she made based on my recipe. https://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2015/09/peach-galette-and-peach-margarita.html
Thank you Sue  E. and Audrey for your feedback

This image below will make you pause and think looking at the comparisons of sugar in leading pasta sauces and yogurt. Oh my!!
But even before I saw this image I had switched to buying Rao sauce as the quality and taste outshine the other leading products. Despite the higher cost than other sauces, it's a good choice. 

Lastly. I am sure you all have heard about the recent Vikings' win with the new quarterback Dobbs who put the V in victory.
To be ready for the next game no matter who your favorite team is 
Italian Sausage Grinders will be a hit with the fans. The recipe will be posted tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. You're right, Sue, it's always good to get encouraging feedback. Thanks for featuring my photo of the galette I created from your recipe. You work hard to share your passion for food and I, for one, appreciate you and your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and thank you for diligently following my postings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pasta for dinner and gallette for dessert! Perfect - Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party - hope your week has been great and we see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Part Two Mom's Day Brunch

The tulips at the Minneapolis Landscape Arboretum are in full bloom. We have tickets for this weekend's event, which is always a colorfu...