Take a look at this. It is not an April Fools Day joke!
So here it is 48 hours later and this is what we have..a mess. Parts of the road are impassable with trees toppled over due to the weight of the snow. As if this wasn't enough I missed Zero's birthday party yesterday at the park because I am here. I heard Zero's owner passed out individual treat bags and slices of cake. Hopefully they saved me some. I don't like to miss a party. I wonder if anyone sang to him?
Sometimes it is necessary to purge one's collection of unused recipes. So as I was sorting through my collection I came across this recipe. I had not thought of it for many years. It came from the Pioneer Press paper but there are some online versions like this one. This yummy bar was quite popular and its taste very similar to the real Pearson's Nut Goodie Bar.
This classic Minnesota candy bar is found in the Upper Midwest area. But if you go online to
http://pearsonscandy.com/ you can find out how to order their products. But better yet try this recipe. It tastes very close to the candy bar. It is rich so serve in small pieces and keep refrigerated. It lasts a long time if you don't nibble too much since it is soooooooooo good.
Nut Goodie Bars
Cook's note: This recipe can be halved and put into a 9 inch glass pan
- 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz. butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (18 oz.) peanut butter
- 1 jar (16 oz.) dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup butter (use half butter and half margarine)
- 1/4 cup regular vanilla pudding mix (dry from box)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 LBS. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. maple flavoring
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips with peanut butter
- Spread half of this mixture in a 13 x 9 glass pan or a jelly roll pan
- To the other half of chip mixture add dry peanuts and set aside
- Combine butter/margarine, dry pudding mix and milk
- Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and maple flavoring
- Beat and spread on first layer that had been refrigerated
- Cool in refrigerator 2 hours and then spread remainder of melted chips with dry roasted peanuts on top
- Refrigerate and cut in small squares