On the side bar are other spring blooms to enjoy.
Well back to the main menu a Sunday brunch with ham as the star attraction.
This photo shows a spiral cut ham baked with the dried cherry sauce. The recipe needs to be doubled. Half goes on the ham while cooking and the rest served with the meal. The sauce can be made the day before.
- ½ cup cherry juice
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- ¼ cup cherry preserves
- 1 TB. sugar
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ lb. frozen dark cherries partially thawed and halved
- pinch of salt
- Simmer cherry juice, dried cherries, preserves, sugar and vinegar and salt for 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half
- Stir in dark cherries and cook 2 minutes
- Combine 4 TB. water and 2 TB. cornstarch
- Whisk into the cherry mixture
- Simmer 1 minute till thickened
- Cool and add ¼ tsp. almond extract or 2 tsp. cherry brandy
- 1 small package lemon jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package of frozen raspberries
- 1 cup applesauce
- Dissolve jello in water
- Stir in raspberries and then add applesauce
- Chill, serve with whip cream