Advice from A Loon
Spend time at the lake
Enjoy a good swim
Call your friends
Surround yourself with beauty
Enjoy time alone
Dive into life.Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Pops
It's about time! Finallyyyyyyyyyy Mrs. S is getting around to thinking about treats for me. This cool treat is just perfect for me and friends on warm days.
- three 6 ounce containers of plain, low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (Low Sodium)
- 1 four ounce jar of Banana Baby Food
- 1 TB. honey
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Blend well. Pour mixture into small cups (Mrs. S used Dixie Cups). Place dog bone in mixture (to serve as the handle). Freeze. Once frozen, peel away paper cup and serve!
Did you know human can also enjoy this treat? But you might want to skip the milk bone handle!
Cook's notes:For a change of pace, try a fresh fruit salsa with lightly sweetened tortilla chips at your next cookout. The no-cook salsa is also great as a refreshing topper for simply grilled fish or chicken.Serves: Makes 4 servings (1/4 cup salsa and 8 chips each). Recipe adapted from McCormick
- 2 cup chopped peeled peaches
- 2 cup chopped seeded watermelon
- 6 TB. orange juice
- 1-2 TB. chopped fresh basil
- 2 TB. finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp. thyme leaves
- 2 TB. sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 flour tortillas, (6-inch)
- For the salsa, mix all peaches, watermelon, juice, basil, red onion and thyme in medium bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- For the Chips, preheat oven to 375 degrees and mix sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Spray tortillas lightly with no stick cooking spray. Cut each into 8 wedges. Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Peach Watermelon Salsa.