Best Asian Inspired Recipes of the Week
Grilled Asian Chicken with Snap Pea Slaw
Recipe posted from iowagirleats.com The preparation is simple and its packed with lots of flavor.
Foil is a great way to cook salmon. It seals in all the flavors and the clean-up is a breeze.
Recipe posted from dammdelicious.net site
Asian-Style Brown Rice Salad in Orange Sesame-Soy Dressing with Baby Bok Choy Greens, Carrots, Petite Peas
Cook's notes:The perfect side dish to accompany the two main dishes posted. Recipe adapted from thecozyapron.com and serves 4.
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrot or matchstick carrots
- 3 baby bok choy, thinly sliced with leafy greens
- ½ cup frozen petite peas, thawed at room temperature
- 3 TB. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- • Orange Sesame-Soy Dressing (recipe below)
- 1 TB. sesame seeds
- optional cooked chicken
- In a large bowl, add the brown rice and all of the ingredients through the chopped green onions; toss gently to incorporate.
- Drizzle in the Orange Sesame-Soy Dressing, and toss again to coat all ingredients. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary; serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve, and garnish each serving with a sprinkle of the sesame seeds.
Orange Sesame-Soy Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
- 2 TB. fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 ½ TB. soy sauce
- 1 ½ TB. sesame oil
- 1 TB. honey
- 2 TB. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- ½ tsp.salt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined.