2 prepared pie crusts or homemade pie crusts
- 1-1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 TB. quick cooking tapioca
- dash of salt
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 TB. cinnamon or 1-1/2 TB. Saigon Cinnamon
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups rhubarb, diced
- ½ tsp. cold butter
- 2 TB. sugar mixed with ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, tapioca, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in diced strawberries and rhubarb. Mix well to coat. Let stand 30 minutes and stir occasionally
- Place one pie crust in pan. Use a slotted spoon to drain some of the fruit juices and place fruit mixture in bottom of the pie crust.
- Dot filling with butter and top with remaining pie crust on the rhubarb mixture.
- Brush crust lightly with milk.
- Mix 2 TB. sugar with 2 tsp. cinnamon. Sprinkle over crust.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a few vents in the crust.
- Add strips of foil on outer edge of pie plate to prevent crust edges from over browning.
- Bake pie 10 minutes at 425 degrees and reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake 30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbling and looks set.
- Wait until pie is completely cooled before cutting so filling sets up.
Mexican Cornbread Strata