- 1 lbs, boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, chilled and diced into small cubes or use a rotisserie
- 1-1/3 cups red grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup small diced celery
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 TB. parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (green portion only)
- Romaine lettuce
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 TB. honey
- 1 TB. red wine vinegar
- 1 TB. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
For the dressing:
Mix all dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl until well combined.
For the salad:
- Add all chicken salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl or a salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to evenly coat. Store in refrigerator. Serve within 2 hours for best results (it's still good for another day but the almonds soften a little and the grapes juices run into the dressing). Add romaine lettuce to sandwich with chicken salad filling.
- *To cook the chicken, I lined a rimmed baking sheet with foil. I pounded chicken to an even thickness and brushed both sides of the chicken lightly with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, sprinkle with Herbes de Provence. Roast in a preheated 350 degree oven until center registered 165 (this will take about 30 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breasts). Then let chill in the fridge.