Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

All You Can Eat-Seafood Buffet

Chapter 11-The World According to Bella
Since my health has improved I have been allowed to resume my blogging and some restricted beach activities. Perhaps indulging in the Beach Seafood Buffet has not been such a good idea. Fortunately for me my people got to a crab today before I spied it. I seem to have a short memory for how sick I have been and also knowing I do have self control issues. We posted a picture of the crab before it was thrown away. I guess crunching up two crabs recently with its legs dangling out my mouth for some reason has sent them both over the edge.
My beach adventures have expanded to a new area. Under the board walk that goes over the sand dunes there is an abundance of wildlife-turtles, rabbits, and even possums. One of my owners almost lost his grip on my leash as I tried my best to capture an animal. At one point I was practically dangling over the boardwalk side railing by my leash several feet off the ground doing my best to grab a turtle who was moving quite slowly up the sand dune. We also posted that picture of the turtle who when realizing danger was imminent began to move more quickly. I guess you might say I have regained my appetite.
________________________________________________
Please check back tomorrow for some Spring Luncheon recipes which include:
Italian Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches-Mixed Greens with Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing and Southern Pecan Pie
_________________________________________________
I thought it fitting to include a recipe for crab cakes in this blog. This southern favorite is found in most restaurants.
Crab Cakes
Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 lb. crabmeat
  • 19 Ritz crackers finely ground
  • 1 small onion chopped finely
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1/2 lemon juiced
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. parsley flakes
  • 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasonings
  • dash Cayenne pepper
Directions:
  • Whisk eggs and add all other ingredients
  • Mix into crabmeat
  • Shape into patties
  • Place on wax paper (or parchment paper) on cookie sheet/plate refrigerate 30 minutes
  • Coat each one with Panko bread crumbs
  • Fry in butter or olive oil a few at a time
  • Brown 4-5 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Meatless Monday

  Asparagus -One of Spring's First  Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with a Lemon Herb Vinaigrette Cook's Notes : A fresh, healthy,...