Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Search

"I'll tell 'ya how to stay young,
hang around with older people.'
Bob Hope

There is a fountain of youth:
it is your mind, your talents,
your creativity you bring
to your life and the lives of the people you love.
When you learn to tap this source,
you will truly have defeated age.
Sophia Loren
The world according to Bella
Chapter Six: End of the Line
I hang out with old people. I am a young adolescent dog about 2 years old which transfers to 14 in people years. And my people are well over 8 dog years! But today on one of our ongoing field trips they were convinced they had found the answer to youthfulness and it was only 75 miles away and an admission ticket: The Fountain of Youth. So if you have the time travel to St. Augustine, Florida. Remember your history lesson about Ponce De Leon? He was the founder and governor of Puerto Rico who set sail from there in 1513 searching for the popular and legendary Fountain of Youth. Well he found it in the area of St. Augustine and you can even buy your very own bottle of water from this famous spring. Personally I thought it a bit cheesy as they passed out cups of water to each paid guest. You know the story of how Alice in Wonderland took a risk, drank out of a cup and look what happened to her! So yes, I was a bit worried taking a sip. But my people seemed hopeful that something wonderful would happen (like a miracle) to them as they sipped happily away. But I'd like to go on the record and say the taste seemed more like toilet water with so many different minerals in it!
Today I walked till I almost dropped. Each time a trolley car went by I looked longingly at it wishing I was on board for the ride. But no.. my people thinking this youth stuff was about to kick in had to do the whole town on foot and it was paws for me.
I posted some pictures and I wanted you to know I was well received everywhere till Castillo de San Marcos. I knew I was in trouble with the sign: NO Food No Drink No Pets. One of the workers sensing my disappointment offered me a biscuit and a bowl of water. It cheered me some but I hate being left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meatless Monday

  Asparagus -One of Spring's First  Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with a Lemon Herb Vinaigrette Cook's Notes : A fresh, healthy,...