Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Missed Opportunity

Chapter 14: The World According to Bella
I must be on a roll since I've been allowed to go on two different field trips. The first was to Kingsley Plantation outside of Jacksonville. As I checked out the plantation grounds along the St. John's River I kept barking and barking trying to get my people's attention. I just had to get my picture taken near a palm tree. You see now I have some proof of my vacation down south. My friends at the dog park are going to be amazed when they hear about all my tales of adventure. Looking at the remains of the slave quarters homes made out of tabby (oyster shells, cement, water, sand and lime) made me happy I get to live in a nice comfy home with my own bed.
My second adventure was St. Simons Island, GA. Check out my photo near the painted statue. I must say these Georgians are real Bull Dog fans. Now the amazing part of this day was all the attention I got everywhere. If only my people had been smart enough to put a sign around my neck that said. Pets...for only $.25 then we could have made some money to pay for our lunch. Well over 10 people stopped us during the day and asked if they could pet me. I loved hearing all the compliments. But the best for me was all long hugs from the kids who kept saying they wished they had me for a pet. My people went crazy over a church and nearby cemetery. I kept hearing... look at the colors, look at the Spanish Moss, look at the trees. Quite frankly I do not know what all the fuss was about since for me sniffing all those great smells was the best for me!
_________________________________________________________
Some new ways to think about salmon

Bourbon Glazed Salmon
Ingredients:
  • 3 TB. brown sugar
  • 3 TB. bourbon
  • 2 TB. low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 TB. grated peeled fresh ginger
  • 1 TB. fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
  • 4 (6 oz.) skinless salmon fillets
Directions:
  • Combine first 7 ingredients in a plastic bag
  • Add fish to seal bag
  • Marinate in refrigerator 1-1/2 hours turning occasionally
  • Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and spray with PAM then add 1 TB. butter
  • Add fish and marinade to pan and cook fish 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork
  • To serve sprinkle each serving with 1 TB. green onion, drizzle with a little of sauce and 3/4 tsp. sesame seeds
_____________________________________________________________
Salmon Fillets
Ingredients:
  • 4 (6 oz. ) salmon fillets
  • 1 TB. lime juice
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
  • 2 TB. butter
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 2 TB. parsley flakes
  • 1-1/2 tsp. tomato basil seasonings (I used Mrs. Dash's Tomato Garlic Seasoning Blend)
Directions:
  • Place fillets on greased tin foil placed on a a jelly roll pan
  • Combine juice, seasonings, olive oil and pour over fillets
  • Combine bread crumbs, parsley flakes and Parmesan cheese with 2 TB. melted butter
  • Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over top of fillets
  • Cover/seal with foil Bake 375 20-30 minutes
_______________________________________________________
Spring Thyme Salmon
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 3 TB. olive oil
  • 2 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1 tsp. ground mustard
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1 tsp. dried basil
  • juice of lemon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
  • 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
Directions:
  • Combine all ingredients in a bag except lemon juice -add salmon fillets and refrigerate 30 minutes
  • Save juice and place salmon fillets on grill make sure foil is greased-spoon enough marinade over fish just to cover the top
  • Grill and sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving












No comments:

Post a Comment

Meatless Monday

  Asparagus -One of Spring's First  Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with a Lemon Herb Vinaigrette Cook's Notes : A fresh, healthy,...