Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Saturday, June 2, 2012

The French Way


"Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly.
Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything
that makes you smile."

Mark Twain 

Creamy French Tarragon Dressing

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 2 TB. fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 3 TB. chopped green onion
  • 1 TB. tarragon
  • 1/8 tsp. celery seeds
Directions:
  • Add all ingredients in blender and mix
  • Chill for several hours to meld flavors
Serving suggestions: Use this dressing on salad, asparagus or fish


Chicken Fruit Salad



Ingredients:

  • Mixed greens

  • Blueberries

  • Raspberries

  • Honey Roasted Almonds

  • Sliced cucumbers

  • Grilled chicken


Dressing: Homemade Creamy French Tarragon, prepared Raspberry 
Vinaigrette or Poppyseed
Serving suggestions-slices of banana bread
________________________________
The World According to Bella
On The Run
Mrs. S is no match for my sturdy 79 lbs.  She is a wimp! We were taking our usual morning walk down the road when I spy a fox.  I want to catch that fox but I am on a leash. With a sudden burst of energy I lunge toward the woods.  Mrs. S is trying her best to rein me in.  But my speed and strength were simply too much for her. Despite the fact she is hanging onto the leash and screaming "Stop, stop!"  I am towing/dragging her along. Finally in desperation or plain defeat she lets go.  And I am off and running to the woods with my leash dangling behind. 
But my impressive speed is not quite good enough. That fox just couldn't be caught. Sadly, I came back empty pawed to the road. Mrs. S seems relived.  As for me, I am just disappointed. That fox was oh, so close.     
Love, Bella 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...