Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Possible Rental

I'm not afraid of storms,
for I am learning how to sail my ship.
by Louisa May Alcott

I was lucky to find on the Internet an ark to rent.  I know the size seems large but many of my lake neighbors are willing to go in on the rental cost. I suppose you are wondering whyI would consider such an extravagant rental. Well have you heard about the copious amounts rainfall over parts of Minnesota lately? In one day my rain gauge measured 7-3/4 inches of rain, in 3 days we had a total of 10 inches and in the last 2 weeks at least 16 inches total. So renting an ark seems like a sensible and a proactive measure to take. Who knows how much more rain will be coming this way.  Even Duluth made the national news recently with their off the charts rainfall that brought unprecedented flooding.
Did you know that Las Vegas is lucky to get 2-3 inches of rain in a whole year? 
___________________________________


Last year I posted this picture of appetizer plates made from thrift store purchases. On one plate I used a glass for a base and on the other plate glued a candlestick holder for the base. There are lots of options with plates and bases to bring out your inner creativity.
Here in the Lake Country these jars are called redneck wine glasses. They were on display at a store. But how easy to make your own with mason canning jars and candlestick holders as the base. This is my new summer craft. Now I can use up a box of jars I had left over from canning.  Thrift shops, flea markets and antique stores can be good places to find candlestick holders. I am not so sure about this project for wine use but thought they would make great gifts. Nuts or candy could be put inside.    
On the right side photo gallery I posted some floral container ideas. The really small containers in photos were dollar store purchases. Some ideas for using these containers include: individual place settings for a dinner party or prizes at a shower. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...