Guest blogger Sue Ready writes about "Postcard Poems" and links writers to several websites who provide additional information about poetry. To read this blog and her postcard poem "A Postcard from Paris - Luxembourgh Gardens," go to http://lakeregionwriters.net/2012/12/17/postcard-poems/.
getting published is a worthy purpose...spreading the written word-start collecting postcards
Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen rhubarb or 3 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen sweetened strawberries slightly thawed
- 1-1/2 cup vodka
- 1- 12 oz can lemon lime carbonated beverage
- 1 bottle Diet Sprite or Diet 7-UP
- sliced strawberries
- Heat rhubarb and sugar to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally until rhubarb is tender. Stir in strawberries.
- Pour half of the mixture into blender and blend till smooth.
- Pour into a large nonmetal container. Blend rest of the mixture and add to container.
- Stir in vodka and 12- oz. can of carbonated beverage into large container.
- Cover and freeze at least 8 hours until frozen and slushy