Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The World According to Bella




Valentine greetings to all

Each day the piles have grown larger and the house messier. Today I  couldn't even find my favorite ball for the dog park. Something is not right. Usually Mrs. S does a better job keeping up with the house. But it was the mess in the kitchen that really caught my attention. On the table was stacked several plastic containers filled with spices and cooking supplies. I heard Mrs. S mumble something about she had to find Old Bay and Cajun seasonings.  She just had to have them. I was puzzled. Why those spices??  

My tummy had a funny feeling when I saw Mr. C get out a real large bag and fill it with all my stuff. I started to think we were moving. But really I hoped not since I like being close to the dog park where I can play with Mulligan. Then I started thinking they were sending me somewhere.  I whined, barked and my eyes pleaded for answers.
"Bella, calm down." said Mrs S "We're going on a road trip. Just the three of us. Remember that big sandy place called the beach in Florida?  Well you are one lucky dog to go there again. You will have birds to chase and all sorts of places to explore."

I got real excited thinking about a place where my paws won't be freezing, I won't have icicles on my whiskers all the time and I won't have to worry about high snowbanks . Sometimes it's hard to find just the right spot to pee. Sign me up!! Dare I hope for more? Mrs. S must have read my mind. "Yes, Bella, you can blog some of our trip."

Now I was beginning to understand why Mrs. S wanted those spices. They are perfect for some  of the southern recipes she has been collecting. I can't wait to leave!! This is my idea of a perfect Valentine's Day-a road trip with Mrs. S and Mr. C.  
Love, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...