Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The World According to Bella

"You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind."
-Henry David Thoreau
Life's A Beach
Each day gets better and better adjusting to my new life at the beach and having my own private dog park. As you can see no one is around. Maybe they think its too cold or not sunny enough but its perfect for me. I did see any snow or ice today. And my paws were not freezing.  



Going to the beach twice a day will definitely keep me in good shape. Its lots of exercise running up and down the beach chasing birds. I remain ever hopeful one day to get lucky and catch one.  Mr.C thinks its just the fun of the chase for me. 
Dead good stuff abounds everywhere on the sand. Mrs. S practically had a heart attack today when we saw this in the sand.

Maybe she doesn't trust me. Guess she remembers three years ago how out of control my behavior was eating all that stuff on the beach and getting real sick. As for this dead bird I'm smart and know its too big for me to eat.
Mr.C and Mrs. S have complimented me a few times on my recent improved beach behavior. But remember this is only day three of our trip and lots could happen. 
Who says dogs aren't smart? I have figured out which boardwalk is ours but 
check out how long it is and all those steps. What an exhausting climb after a run on the beach. Hope my dinner bowl is extra full tonight. 
Love, Bella
__________________________________________________________
Shrimp Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Cook's notes:This was an easy delicious meal put together in just 15 minutes. I purchased the lemon vinaigrette ( produce section) or you can make your own. The hummus with pesto was also purchased. When selecting an avocado look for one that is a bit soft to touch and outer skin is a dark blackish.  
Ingredients:
  • cooked shrimp
  • cherry tomatoes
  • avocado slices
  • mixed greens
  • toasted almonds
  • hummus on crackers
  • lemon vinaigrette dressing

Directions:
  • avocado slices can be arranged to the side of the greens or mixed in the greens
  • drizzle dressing lightly over top of shrimp

Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice 
  • 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
  • 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped 
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • Pinch coarsely-ground black pepper
Directions:
  • In a jar or bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Store covered in the refrigerator.
  • Serve at room temperature. Shake or stir just before serving.
  • Yields 1/4 cup Lemon Vinaigrette.
Cook's note: To make this Lemon Vinaigrette properly, use fresh-squeezed lemon juice and not bottled lemon juice.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I would love to be on that beautiful beach (minus the dead bird) about right now. However, yesterday the temp reached a wonderful balmy 40 some degrees here in Minnesota and today is likewise supposed to be as beautiful. But tomorrow? Blizzard watch for my region of the state.

    Enjoy the beach while you can.

    ReplyDelete

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...