working with iPads
working on their sight words, letter sounds and writing words to make sentences
while others have changed.
This young man got glasses
this young lady lost a few teeth (wanted to make sure I saw this)
and many were a lot taller. Several made sure I knew they were a lot smarter since I last saw them. As they slide more towards vacation countdown their teachers are faced with the monumental challenge of keeping them all engaged.
Tortellini Spinach Chicken Soup
Recipe serves 5 - 6.
- 1- 1/2 TB. olive oil
- 1- 1/2 cups chopped carrots (from about 5 medium) or matchstick carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery (from about 3 stalks)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 small)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boxes (each 32 oz.) low sodium-chicken broth
- 1- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 9 oz. package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1 TB. dried parsley flakes or 1/3 cup packed Italian parsley plus more for serving
- 1 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- 2- 1/2 - 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 large handfuls of torn baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, add carrots, celery and onion and saute 3 - 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Stir in chicken broth, Italian seasoning, parsley and Herbes de Provence. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to low and cook 45 minutes.
- Add tortellini, chicken and spinach leaves. Cook 6 - 8 minutes longer (or one minute less than time listed on package you want it al dente).
- Serve warm, topped with chopped fresh parsley leaves. Pair the soup with garlic bread sticks.