Recipe serves 4.
Greek Grilled Chicken and Hummus Wrap
- 1- 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil and Greek seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 TB. Greek vinaigrette dressing
- 4 (10-inch, burrito size) flour tortillas (wheat, low carb or spinach is fine)
- 3/4 cup hummus, store-bought or homemade (homemade recipe in notes below)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- Sprinkle chicken with Greek seasoning (I used McCormick product), grill or bake chicken. Cool and dice cooked meat.
- In a bowl add cooked chicken and coat well with Greek vinaigrette dressing and drain.
- To assemble wraps spread about 3 TB. hummus over each tortilla, top with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese and wrap tortillas.
To a food processor add 1 (14.5 oz) can drained chick peas, 3 1/2 Tbsp drained chickpea liquid or water, 3 TB. tahini, 2 1/2 TB. fresh lemon juice, 2 TB. olive oil, 1 clove garlic sliced, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cumin. Pulse until smooth (it will take about 3 - 5 minutes depending on your food processor). Season with more salt to taste if desired and add more liquid if needed.
- 1- 16 oz. package of baby carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil or Blood Orange Olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 TB. cider vinegar
- 4 cups arugula greens
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the carrots, almonds, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out carrot mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake the carrots in the preheated oven until soft and the edges turn brown, about 30 minutes. Add in cranberries the last 10 minutes of baking time. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, return the carrots mixture to the mixing bowl, Mix honey and vinegar and drizzle over carrot mixture. Toss until coated and evenly mixed. Combine with the arugula and serve immediately.