Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Saturday, April 22, 2017

The World According to Bella

Another Excellent Adventure
I'm not sure why Mr. C and Mrs. S thought we needed to drive all that way to AZ for an adventure when I can have one right in my own backyard. First off, how many dogs get the chance to see what's inside Walmart or get to walk home unattended without being on a leash? See previous posting http://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-world-according-to-bella.html for more information. 

But by far my best adventure of the season so far up north has been finding this entire deer leg hoof and all. I was particularly proud of my find but I couldn't understand why Mrs S didn't share my enthusiasm.
A find like this deserved a very fine trade. So in the end I sprung for a bowl of sugar snap peas and half a milkbone. Several hours later when I brought back part of the hide Mrs. S took away my outside privileges for the rest of the day.  I really did not understand why I was being punished.  With just a little more time perhaps I could have assembled enough parts for a whole deer in my yard.    

But I am happy to report staying inside was short lived as the crew showed up to put the dock in. I've had my first swim of the season.

Later while drying out in the sun Mrs. S came outside waving my dog poem book. 
You know I've never thought of myself as being a poet. I'll leave that up to Mrs. S but after hearing the poems in this book I think I can make up one or two myself.  I 'm ready to use verse to show my inner feelings like the dogs who wrote poems in the book. I guess they must have wanted to let humans know how they feel, why they do dumb stuff and how they see the world as they do.  

I do not like to be left alone either. It can be really boring and much too quiet waiting for Mr. C and Mrs. S return. I really liked these poems.   

See what you think.   

The plants are torn
The garbage strewn
The wires chewed
The couch and I had a fight …
I went places I should never go
I saw a side of myself I should never see
I said things to the cat I can never take back
So please don’t ever leave again


Time
Where did you go?
Where have you been?
Do you know how long you've been gone?!
Three hours
Or fifteen minutes
Or six months
The point is
I've been waiting at that door
For eighteen straight years
And every one of those twelve seconds killed me.

Mrs. S liked this one and it made her laugh.
Where Are You? 
I was worried
I was so scared
I thought I had lost you
And the life that we both shared
I searched through the entire house
From the basement to the attic
The living, dining, and bedrooms
Even the trash cans, because I was frantic
Up and down the staircase
Back and forth across the halls
In and out through every door
Louder and louder were my calls
I had given up every hope
I had given in to despair
I had given the bad news to the pet cat
Who gave me a look before re-licking her hair
But just when all seemed lost, I found you
And it gave my heart a rush
To see you sitting-startled, but alive and well
So if you don't mind,
I'll just stay here until you flush.



"I Could Chew on This and Other Poems by Dogs"
by Francesco Marcioliano .  

Love, Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...