These DIY bags were purchased at a church bazaar. It is such a simple idea that can be quite economical especially if you just happen to have scrapbooking supplies. The only expense would be plain bags from The Dollar Store. Add a little creativity and imagination to personalize the bags to
upscale your gift giving.
Some other galette recipes on Ever Ready include
Apple and Pear Galette
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed from a one 17.oz package
- 3 TB. flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 TB. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh cherries. pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups, fresh peaches, diced
- 1 TB. sugar mixed with 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Place two sheets of wax paper on working surface and generously flour. Unfold 1 sheet puff pastry on floured surface. Brush egg wash over dough. Unfold other sheet of puff pastry and lay on top. Press sheets together with a rolling pin and roll out to a 12 inch square.
- Transfer to a prepared baking sheet, cover with wax paper and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and lemon juice. Add in cherries, peaches, almonds and 3 TB. flour.
- Remove pastry from refrigerator and use a pastry wheel to shape square into a circle. Spoon cherry mixture on puff pastry leaving a 2 inch border. Scatter small pieces of butter on cherry mixture.
- Fold edges of puff pastry to the center over the filling, pleating as needed.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Baste outside crust with remaining egg wash, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until juices thicken and pastry is cooked through.
- Transfer to a rack and cool 10 minutes.