White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake Tartlets certainly fits into this category. It's a creamy, no bake dessert filled with your favorite cheesecake filling. Athens Mini Fillo Shells (found in the freezer section) are perfect for these mini bites. You will need two boxes for a total of 24 shells. The recipe called for Cool Whip. Since I tend to be more of a purist I opted for real whip cream :) just a personal preference.
- 5 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup white chocolate chip chips, melted in microwave
- 3 TB. lite sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Pre-made tartlet shells
- Fresh berries for garnish
- Optional fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crisp shells for 3 minutes and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese adding in melted white chocolate, sour cream, lemon juice and zest.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon into tartlet shells. Top with fresh berries and more lemon zest.
- Refrigerate until serving.
The tartlet shells were paired with Sweet and Sour Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs.
Check back tomorrow for the recipe.