Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Spear a Spooky Halloween Kabob

Think outside the box for your Halloween gathering. Treat your guests to some healthy treats and spear a kabob!












Give your Halloween party guests a break from the sweet stuff. Serve up these savory skewers threaded with string cheese, olives and pepperoni.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/spooky-halloween-skewers-156679.aspx
Peeps like fruit kabobs
Monster Fruit Kabobs
And some other fun and healthy treats
https://www.cleanandscentsible.com/heathy-halloween-food-ideas/
Many years ago one of my co-workers gave me a beautiful poetry book called "Caroline Kennedy A Family of Poems My Favorite Poetry for Children." 
The book is such a treasure that over the years I have given copies to friends and family members. Caroline is quite a gifted writer who has created this anthology of more than 100 poems cherished by her own family over the years. She has divided the book into different sections and written an introduction for each part. I was intrigued by the section: Seasons where she included an original poem by her mother Jacqueline Bouvier. Caroline wrote that she always liked her mother's poem Thoughts because it captures the feeling of sitting in school daydreaming about a life of adventure. I thought I'd share the poem since it seems rather fitting for this time of the year.

Thoughts
I love the Autumn
And yet I cannot say
All the thoughts and things
That make me feel this way.

I love walking on the angry shore,
To watch the angry sea;
Where summer people were before,
But now there's only me.

I love wood fires at night
That have a ruddy glow.
I stare at the flames
And think of long ago.

I love the feeling down inside me
That says to run away
To come and be a gypsy
And laugh the gypsy way.

The tangy taste of apples,
The snowy mist at morn,
The wanderlust inside you
When you hear the huntsman's horn.

Nostalgia-that's the Autumn,
Dreaming through September
Just a million lovely things
I will always remember.

by Jacqueline Bouvier
Autumn on the Mississippi (Minneapolis, Minnesota)

2 comments:

  1. So many cute ideas. I especially love the caterpillar. I had not seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm yummy treats for everyone. Those are cool ��

    ReplyDelete

Puff Pastry with Salmon, Radishes and Garlic Cream Cheese

Radishes and Smoked Salmon with Puff Pastry Cook's Notes : An easy puff pastry treat that's a great way to start your morning or ser...