Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, February 14, 2019

The World According to Bella

UNEMPLOYED
I lost my first job I have ever had today. I've been with WWN (Wonderful Womens Network a Rockport Texas Community Newsletter ) since my first posting March 3 2012. The online paper is going out of business. I will miss Alicia who was the owner/editor. She always took real good care of me, did special things for us like making this logo for Mrs. S's blog.  and she liked my stories. Mrs. S will miss her too. Alicia liked all her recipes she sent in.   
Lucky WWN still has all my stories online for us to find. Mrs. S counted as I've  sent in once a month since March 3, 2012 over 84 adventure stories. This was my first posting below ever for them.  
The World According to Bella: "Bella’s last day in Texas"

"30 days here has gone by fast. I've settled in quite nicely and have my routine down. Now they want me to leave. Just as I was getting used to being outside all day long, going to the park and walking along the beach. But Mr. C and Mrs. S tell me I will really like our next out of the way stop (which reads to me like another long, long car trip) Mississippi. Hey, I even spelled it right!
To keep myself occupied while they scramble around packing I decided to make a list about what I leaned visiting Texas.

  • I can never catch those darn cats next door
  • Everyday is a “bad hair day” always windy
  • Everyone stops and calls me “a pretty dog”
  • Some places let me inside and are generous with doggie biscuits
  • A fenced in yard is like having a giant playpen
  • I am a way bigger size than most dogs here
  • When highly motivated (like to catch a bird or cat ) I can open the screen door on my own.
  • It's possible to shed one’s winter coat in 30 short days
  • Mrs. S is capable of writing lots of blogs when “housebound” as she has been on crutches
  • Everyone and I mean almost everyone here drives a pick-up
  • I think there are more RV and trailers here than in Florida
  • You need a birding book to figure all the birds’ names
  • I hear “Y”All come back” a lot
  • We are called Winter Texans
  • Everyone is real friendly and waves to us a lot
  • I have yet to catch a bird
  • Mr. C and Mrs. S take real good care of me
Wish me luck sitting in the van for all those long, long hours. I just hope this next place we are visiting called Mississippi is good."
Love, Bella

At least I was somewhat cheered up when I received 2 valentines in the mail today. I was busy sniffing them out just in case some dog treats were left inside. 

Mrs. S is going to help me in my job search. Any ideas? 
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
Love, Bella
Padre Island, Texas
Rockport,Texas (home away from home)

1 comment:

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...