Ever Ready helping out Pooh with some breakfast/brunch ideas.
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 1-1/4 cups cooked wild rice
- 1-1/2 cups cooked Sweet Italian Sausage, drained, crumbled
- 1 TB. olive oil
- 1/3 cup each red and green pepper, diced or use sweet mini peppers
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. Italian Herbs
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided or 4 Mexican Cheeses (prepackaged) cccckagedz0
- Bring water to a boil, add potatoes and cook 12 minutes until tender not mushy and drain.
- In a skillet heat oil, add in diced peppers, garlic and onions. Saute until tender about 3 minutes. Add in cooked potatoes, cooked sausage, spices, wild rice and 1 cup of cheese. Mix well and cook for 1 minute longer.
- In a blender add eggs, mustard and milk, mix well.
- Grease a 9 x 9 pan or a 9 inch round baking dish. Place sausage mixture on bottom of baking dish. Pour egg/milk mixture evenly over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Press mixture down for milk/egg mixture to absorb rest of ingredients. Refrigerate overnight covered or bake immediately uncovered 30 minutes until eggs are set. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
Today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day
Do something nice for your neighbor e.g. shovel a sidewalk or driveway or maybe a surprise in their mailbox