Valentine has agreed to marry the Italian Gianluca Vechiarelli, a tanner who produces the leather for her shoe company. Yet Valentine is determined to have her way in their marriage, and to accomplish everything on her own terms. She soon learns the difficulty of juggling a business, a large extended family, an independent husband, and motherhood is more than she can manage smoothly on her own.
A major plot twist catches Valentine off guard as she tries to balance work and love.
The book is family centered and character driven.
It has a wonderful assortment of quotes covering a variety of subjects to start off your day.
- 1 TB. butter
- 1 TB. sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-2 TB. blackberry brandy or Grand Marnier
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp.ground ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt butter in a small skillet, add sugar and cook over medium heat till golden
- Slowly stir in orange juice,broth, brandy or Grand Marnier
- Cook uncovered till mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup
- Stir in 1/4 cup berries, preserves, ginger and allspice
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and add rest of berries and nuts