Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, January 4, 2018

The World According to Bella

Back to the Desert 
There was a lot of packing going on so I assumed we're going back to the lake.  
Wrong!
With a very full van I wasted no time hopping in. I did not want to be left behind for this ride. I kept a very close watch on Mr. C's driving to make sure we were going north and not west. 
After many hours nothing looked familiar even though all I could see was blowing snow-maybe we were going north but just a different way but when he turned, headed west, the  snow disappeared, my worst fears were confirmed-it was Back to the Desert for me. 

For those of you who may have forgotten about my nightmare javelina escapade and Mr. C's hospital stay read on 
A Night of Terror
http://sockfairies.blogspot.com/2016/01/the-world-according-to-bella.html

I kept nudging Mr. C letting him no there was some mistake over where we were going,  
but all he did was ignore me. 

After awhile I resigned myself to a long car ride. I power napped a lot and learned to pee on command at all the rest stops.  At two hotel stops I learned the drill. Sleep at night (though Mr. C and Mrs. S didn't know I laid awake all night listening to all the scary new noises). In the morning Mr. C would feed me, we 'd go out,I'd do my business and head straight for the van. No since wasting time inside a room I didn't like.  
After what seemed like endless hours of riding, I'd check from time to time to see what Mrs. S was doing. 
She thought I'd like to hear this story, a recent Christmas gift,   
but the more Mrs. S read about javelinas the more anxious I felt. And when we got out at this  rest stop I remembered this scary sign from last year. I was starting to worry. 
But once we arrived at the same house from last year I perked up. It all was familiar and I do like their patio for morning sunning. 
So let the shedding begin
  and bring on the adventures!

Love, Bella
P,S. I forgot to mention Mr. C and Mrs. S  thought I was the perfect traveler. I never asked once "Are we there yet?"   

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Bella, you have no clue how fortunate you are to be in the warmth and sunshine of Arizona vs. and dark and cold of Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete

Puff Pastry with Salmon, Radishes and Garlic Cream Cheese

Radishes and Smoked Salmon with Puff Pastry Cook's Notes : An easy puff pastry treat that's a great way to start your morning or ser...