Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Saturday, November 3, 2018

The World According to Bella

A True Tale (Nov.3, 2018) 
Deer Diary, 
Today Mrs. S and I were outside early watching the sun rise. It was real pretty. 
Just as the sun BURST into color over the lake  
 the first shot rang out loud and clear sending us both up the hill and inside.
And so another hunting season begins and my least favorite time of the year. Three weeks of  crazy hunters invading my space, me having to wear a orange neoprene vest which I feel stuffed into and spending more time inside than I like. I am not allowed to roam the woods this month.   
Mrs. S tries to make me feel a little better by wearing her orange coat which she doesn't like either. All day long we heard shots here, there, and everywhere. My walks were kept on the main road to be on the safe side. I'm just counting the days until I can reclaim the woods, walk safely and not wear orange. Tonight I feel safe inside looking out at  the darkness. The shooting has stopped for today. If I can make it safely past this weekend I will breathe a sigh of relief. 

Next week I am back to the cities to stay at Mulligans. Mr. C and Mrs. S  are leaving me behind and going far away on some kind of trip. What I don't understand is how they can possibly have fun without me as we are always together going places.  Staying at Mulligan's house is okay.  I like their snacks and they go to the dog park a lot which is fun. Still I will miss Mr. C and Mrs. S . 
Not sure when I can write again. I know they have a computer but wondering about the picture part as Mrs. S is good with helping me find just the right ones.  Maybe Mrs. S can just give you updates on how I am doing.   

Love, Bella
P.S. Mrs. S found me a new lighter vest. Isn't it great?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those sun photos are glorious.

    When we were driving home from Detroit Lakes on Friday morning, there was a heavy stream of vehicles (mostly pick-ups) headed north. Randy and I both decided these hunters would be better staying in southern Minnesota. We see lots of deer roadkill in our area of the state and saw only a few dead roadside deer en route to Detroit Lakes and back. That's an unscientific conclusion, of course. We were just glad we were driving south.

    ReplyDelete

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...