- One 8-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 6-ounces frozen blueberries (about 1 1/2 cups), unthawed
- 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon (or Shiraz, Merlot)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. Saigon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. to 1/4 tsp. ground cloves, taste test
- Combine all ingredients in a medium to large kettle, and bring to a rolling boil, stirring intermittently. Make sure kettle has room for sauce to at least triple in volume. The juices from the berries release and as the mixture boils rapidly, it will foam and a too-small pot will easily overflow.
- Reduce heat to low and allow sauce to simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until reduced and thickened slightly, and most of the cranberries have burst. Sauce will thicken more as it cools.
- Transfer to heat-safe jars or containers with lids. Allow sauce to cool at room temperature before refrigerating. Sauce will keep airtight in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks.
recipe serves 4-6
- 5-6 cups cooked wild rice
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries or dried cherries
- Toasted pecans
- Optional add ins-celery, crisp apple chunks
- Dressing Wishbone Raspberry Hazelnut Vinaigrette
- Add cranberries to 1 cup of boiling water. Let berries set 3 minutes and drain water off.
- In a serving bowl add wild rice, plumped up berries and toasted pecans.
- Add only enough dressing to moisten salad.
- Serve at room temperature.