Cook's notes: A meal made on a sheet pan that requires almost no cleanup. Not only is it healthy, delicious and fast, the flavors of the salmon, potatoes and asparagus come together beautifully to make a dish company worthy.
- 1 pound small new potatoes, scrubbed clean and halved
- 2 TB. olive oil or Herb Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound medium asparagus, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal, 1-inch long pieces
- 1 TB. chopped fresh dill or 1 tsp. dried dill flakes
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 TB. lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 (8-to-10 ounce) salmon fillets, or salmon steaks cut about 1-inch thick
- 1 tsp. herbes de Provence
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the potatoes with olive oil and parsley flakes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes cut side down on the baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the potatoes begin to brown on the bottom.
- Turn the potatoes over and roast another 10 minutes until browned on top. Remove the pan from the oven.
- In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with the chopped dill, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper and a little olive oil. Place on baking sheet near potatoes.
- Add salmon filets skin side down. Sprinkle the salmon with herbes de Provence. Add two lemon slices to each fillet. Return the baking sheet to the oven.
- Roast the salmon and asparagus for 10 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through.
- If you want, remove the skin and center bones (if you are using steaks), and arrange on individual plates before serving. Garnish with fresh dill and lemon wedges or slices.