Recipe serves 4 and is an Ever Ready Special.
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/3-1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup mini red and yellow peppers, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn or frozen corn thawed (I used 1/2 can Seamfresh corn)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup light mayonnaise or combination half Greek Yogurt and half light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon each paprika, chili powder, cumin
- Lime juice
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- In a small bowl mix spices and mayonnaise mixture with 2 good squeezes of lime. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine shredded chicken, onions, peppers, tomatoes, corn, and beans.
- Mix in as much mayonnaise mixture needed to moisten veggies.
- Refrigerate for a few hours. Serve with avocado slices.
Weekend Round-Up Cinco de Mayo Recipes