Sweetness Spreading Joy
Double Kisses CupcakesCook's Notes: This was one of these recipes where I thought "Now why didn't I think of that!" It was so simple making chocolate cupcake batter adding in a Hershey Kiss to batter, baking, frosting and then topping with another Hershey Kiss. The cupcakes are very moist with a deep rich choclate flavor. I substituted coffee for water at room temperature. Check out their company website for recipes. https://www.hersheys.com/en_us/recipes.html
- 1 bag HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1-1/2 sticks), softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup DARK HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups water or coffee at room temperature
- Vanilla Frosting (recipe follows)
- Remove wrappers from 36 chocolate pieces; set aside. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Beat on high speed of mixer 3 minutes. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternately with water or coffee to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 1/2 full with batter. Place chocolate piece in center of each. Add batter to cover candy kiss-so muffin cup now 3/4 full.
- Bake 18 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Remove from cups to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost as desired. Place another chocolate piece on top of each frosted cupcake.