Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The World According to Bella

 
Meet Mulligan. He is on the left and looks like a mini me. Even Mr. C wasn't sure who was who when he looked at the picture. I look sad and feel sad. At first I thought a two week sleepover would be so fun with Mulligan but then Mrs. S showed me the map.
I realized just how far away Mr. C and Mrs. S would be from me. Its a long ways from our house. I did perk up a bit when Mrs. S suggested we could Skype.  I know all about Skype because their son Skypes us a lot from where he lives in Hawaii. Must be warm there because I never ever see  him wearing a jacket, hat or gloves like people do here. Mrs. S promised me I could write more often on the blog to let you know what Mulligan and I are up to. She promises to post lots of cool pictures and maybe a recipe or two from what she calls the garden isle.
Wish me luck. My weekend lake boot camp weekend has me in pretty good shape. Hopefully I can keep up with Mulligan and make it over the ever growing mounds of snow to play outside. 
My first assignment from Mrs. S was to post this tropical recipe. She loved it and thinks you will too.
Love, Bella
__________________________________________
Coconut Lime Bread
Coconut –Lime Bread
Cook’s notes: This zesty citrus quick bread with coconut is a very yummy tropical treat. The recipe comes from BHG March 2013. 
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup coconut milk or milk
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup flaked coconut toasted
  • ¾ cup lime marmalade melted
  • 1 TB. lime marmalade melted
  • ¼ cup toasted coconut
  • ¾ cup chopped almonds
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour sides of loaf pan
  • In a large bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
  • In another bowl beat egg with a whisk and stir in coconut milk and 1/3 cup melted butter
  • Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture, add in almonds and stir just till moistened-the batter will be lumpy
  • Fold in 1 cup of toasted coconut
  • Spoon 1/3 of batter in pan and spoon part of the ¾ cup marmalade over batter and then repeat with batter and marmalade-and ending with last 1/3 of batter and use a thin metal spatula to swirl the rest of the marmalade through the batter
  • Bake 45 minutes or until center comes clean with a toothpick
  • Cool on a wire rack for several hours and wrap with plastic wrap- store at room temperature
  • Before slicing brush top of loaf with 1 TB. marmalade and sprinkle ¼ cup toasted coconut over top







1 comment:

  1. Could you please bring sunshine and warmth back to Minnesota?

    Have a wonderful time with your son in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete

Meatless Monday

  Asparagus -One of Spring's First  Salmon, Asparagus, and Orzo Salad with a Lemon Herb Vinaigrette Cook's Notes : A fresh, healthy,...