Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The World According to Bella

Did you know that there is just .0006 percent chance of being born on Leap Year Day?
Very few people born on leap year day will have a golden birthday. A golden birthday is when your age matches the date of the day you were born. So you would be 116 years old when you could celebrate your golden birthday.
Good news for the ladies…today Feb 29th it is a day when woman can ask for a man’s hand in marriage, so a woman no longer has to wait for a man to ask her. Check out movie that Amy Adams was in called Leap Year on this very subject. It was good.

____________________________________________________________________
The World According to Bella
Mrs. S seems to be hogging computer. Does she not get it! I have been waiting patiently to get on. I insisted she add this cartoon I picked out.

30 days here has gone by fast. I've settled in quite nicely and have my routine down. Now they want me to leave. Just as I was getting used to being outside all day long, going to the park and walking along the beach.  But Mr. C and Mrs. S tell me I will really like our next out of the way stop (which reads to me like another long, long car trip) Mississippi. Hey, I even spelled it right! 
To keep myself occupied while they scramble around packing I decided to make a list about what I leaned visiting Texas

  • I can never catch those darn cats
  • Everyday is a “bad hair day”
  • Everyone stops and calls me “a pretty dog”
  • Some places let me inside and are generous with doggie biscuits
  • A fenced in yard is like having a giant playpen
  • I am a way bigger size than most dogs here
  • When highly motivated (like to catch a bird or cat )I can open the screen door on my own.
  • It is possible to shed one’s winter coat in 30 short days
  • Mrs. S is capable of writing lots of blogs when “housebound”
  • Everyone and I mean almost everyone here drives a pick-up
  • I think there are more RV and trailers here than in Florida
  • You need a birding book to figure all the birds’ names
  • I hear “Y”All come back” a lot
  • We are called Winter Texans
  • Everyone is real friendly and waves to us a lot
  • I have yet to catch a bird
  • Mr. C and Mrs. S take real good care of me
Wish me luck sitting in the van for all those long, long hours.  I just hope this place they call Mississippi is good.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Book Review It's Murder, You Betcha!

      Author Jeanne Cooney has cooked up another cozy mystery for her fans with her newest book, “It's Murder You Betcha,” Book Two in the I...