Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fashionistas






























For these kindergartners its all about the shoes, hair and clothes for the first days of school. 
I was in my daughter's classroom taking pictures for a school activity. The variety of fancy footwear really caught my attention as well as their stylish clothes and hair. What they may have lacked in size due to their age they oozed in personality and charm.  It looks to be a lively year. I will have to say I tied A LOT of shoes today!
What do you remember about your kindergarten days? For me, it was making gingerbread men with Miss Anne :)
_________________________________________________
Today was a marker day for me. I reached the 600 mark for blog postings in three years.
And today was a marker day for all those Roald Dahl fans. Eight novels of the British children's author are coming out on his birthday September 13th. So now all the E-book fans can follow the adventures of Willy Wonka, The Fantastic Mr. Fox and James from James and the Giant Peach. Roald Dahl would have been 96 today. He died in 1990. More than 25 million of his books are in print in the U.S. alone.
Quotes from the book James and the Giant Peach
James: Whenever I had a problem, my parents told me to look at it another way. 

Earthworm: *How*? First, I was bird bait, and then I was *shark* bait. 

James: That's true, but you could say that you gave us wings to fly, and that you defeated a giant shark single-handedly. 

Earthworm: No-handedly. 

James: You're a hero. 
Earthworm: I am. I'm Wonderworm! 


1 comment:

  1. What fashionistas those kindergartners are. And that hair, wow, looks like a lot of effort went into that.

    Congrats on publishing your 600th post! I expect you love this blogging as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete

Cowboy Country and Cowboy Baked Beans

  Cowboy Country   Hacienda de la Canoa Tour Canoa Ranch in Green Valley, AZ was a working cattle ranch from 1820 to the 1970s. At its peak,...