Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Friday, June 28, 2013

The World According to Bella

The Weigh-In
The weigh-in did not go well today. YIKES! the scale said 85. Mrs. S made Mr. C do 3 "do overs" but each time the scale said 85. By the third weigh-in Mr. C declared "Enough!"  He thinks I am just getting too heavy for him to pick me up and step on the scale. Besides his back was starting to ache doing the weigh-in 3 times.

Now I 'm 3 lbs more than the last weigh-in. My weight gain has baffled Mr. C and Mrs. S. They  have even cut back on my food lately. But in spite of that I've managed to pack on 10 extra pounds in the last few months. Mrs. S even went so far as to call me a bit tubby which really hurt my feelings. Mr.C is getting suspicious with my fishy breath smell. He thinks I've found a new food source like fish. 
So for the time being my exploring days have now come to a sudden halt at the lake. I am on a tether so they can keep a closer watch on me. But I am hoping after a  few days of whining and digging even a bigger hole in the yard they will change their minds. I happen to like my nesting hole. The dirt feels cool when the day is warm. 
You will be happy to know I'm still guarding Mrs. S's flowers and watching over the yard for any intruders. 
 Mrs. S thought she'd better share a healthy recipe after all this talk about weight gain.
Love, Bella
______________________________________________________________________________  
   
Tomato Cucumber Feta Pasta Salad
recipe adapted from jennysteffens.blogspot.com
Ingredients:
  • 2 cucumbers peeled-thinly sliced
  • 1/2 small red onion
  • 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese
  • 1/2 lb. penne
  •  1/3 tsp. dill 
  • 1 tsp. parsley flakes
Sweet and Tangy Vinaigrette Dressing:
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/ 4 tsp. black pepper
Directions:
  • Cook penne in simmering boiling water till al dente
  • Cut tomatoes in half and pat dry with a paper towel 
  • Use blender for dressing
  • Mix cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, spices and cooked penne
  • Use only enough dressing to coat cucumbers and tomatoes
  • Refrigerate till serving




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...