Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Monday, February 9, 2015

The World According to Bella and a Valentine Lunch

A Day Off
I spent the afternoon lying outside working on my tan. They gave me the day off to relax. Fine by me as every day has been some new adventure. I'm worn out.

Apparently my tail wags and sweet puppy eyes got me an 'in' for the last field trip to Tubac. For awhile I was worried because Mr. C and Mrs. S weren't sure this was really a 'dog friendly' activity. I do hate being left behind for fear I will miss something good. On our way there Mrs. S read us the brochure about Tubac being southern Arizona's growing artist colony located in the Santa Cruz River Valley.  I also heard Tubac has a 250-year-old Spanish history.  

Our destination was the 56th annual Tubac Festival of the Arts, Arizona’s longest running festival. There were over 200 vendors featuring a range of artwork from fine painting, sculptures, ceramics, crafted wood and leatherworks, shimmering glass, photography, unique jewelry, artful clothing and mixed media works. But I just wanted to know what's in it for me. I was soon to find out.
Mr. C and Mrs. S need not have worried about this place not being 'dog friendly' check out the size of this canine we met as we arrived. And he is only a puppy.   

It was hot hot and I needed water. They think of everything here 
a water station! I had to go back two different times for refill.
I spent time checking out all the exhibits.
















I got bored quickly so Mr. C and I left Mrs. S to wander about. I was promised lunch and a nap in the shade if we could find some. 
Love, Bella

Arizona has the largest Native American population of any state, with 22 federally recognized tribes, communities and nations.  
Valentine Lunch                     
Cook's  notes: Today's menu:Corn Chowder with Shrimp and Bacon 
Puff Pastry Valentine Heart 
and Fresh Fruit with Honey Yogurt Topping 
Ingredients:
  • 4 cups fresh fruit, such as berries, melons, pears, plums, peaches, or a combination 
  • 2 TB. lemon zest 
  • 1 cup non-fat Greek vanilla yogurt 
  • 2 TB. honey 
  • honey roasted almonds 
Directions:
  • Divide fruit evenly among four bowls. 
  • Combine yogurt, honey, and lemon zest in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for medium low power just until warm. 
  • Drizzle honey yogurt topping over the fruit, sprinkle with almonds.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTER TREATS

An Easter treat that's gluten-free, easy to prepare, and naturally sweetened. Almond Cake with Yogurt Topping and Fresh Berries Cook'...