Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Saturday, February 28, 2015

The World According to Bella and Creamy Coconut Poke Cake

It's About Time
 
Check out  this very large bag of treats. 
These past few weeks I've watched all these people from Minnesota stop by for a visit and bring stuff for Mr. C and Mrs.S. Finally someone remembered me something to eat. Mrs. S was real happy since these treats are low fat though she doesn't seem as worried about my weight lately. I am now going on more walks a day. This weather really agrees with me with no snow and walking is easy as I am not slipping.   
When I am not working on my tan, or keeping a watchful eye on desert critters I get to go on lots of field trips and even out to lunch.  
At one lady's house we visited she gave me filtered water.  
I had fun exploring her yard though but I never could find any grass. 
I liked the al fresco dining where I got even a bigger bowl of water and a dog bone. Now this is what I call a dog friendly place! 
Check out this view
Life is good.
Love, Bella 
___________________________________________________
Creamy Coconut Poke Cake
Cook's notes: A heavenly bite of white cake soaked in sweet creamy coconut milk and smothered in whip cream with toasted coconut. Cake tastes better made a day ahead. 
A real sweet treat provided by Sheila for our enjoyment.

Ingredients
  • 1 box super moist white cake mix
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 can cream of coconut
  • 1 8 oz. tub of cool whip- or homemade whipping cream
  • 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
Directions:
  • Make cake mix, following the directions on the box for an 9 x 13 baking pan but use egg whites only and not egg yolks.
  • While the cake is baking, mix together a can of sweetened condensed milk and a can of cream of coconut. Cream of coconut is not to be confused with coconut milk. You can find it in the drink mix section - (like for cocktails) at most stores.
  • When you pull the cake out of the oven cool 5 minutes before poking holes all over the cake about 2 inches a part. Don't poke holes all the way to the bottom or the liquid will all be at the bottom of the cake. Try to poke holes at different depths, some shallow and some deeper.
  • Slowly pour the coconut cream mix all over the cake, and try to make sure it doesn't go over the edges, because then the liquid will seep to the bottom of the cake.
  • Refrigerate cake for at least 4 hours and then ice with homemade whipped cream or a small tub of cool whip.
  • Toast coconut and sprinkle on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...