Follow on Twitter

See on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Instagram Follow on Instagram

Thursday, February 5, 2015

The World According to Bella

Catching Up
Now that my three very long days of traveling have ended I am settling into a brand new lifestyle. Each day I shed more and more of my fur coat. I really don't need it here. In fact they are having record highs in the 80's. That's all they seem to talk about on TV. Just like at home but there its talk about the cold. Every morning Mr.C walks me to the dog park just like at home. He thought I should have my picture taken next to this very big and I might add prickly cactus.  We plan to send this picture back home. 
Brand new smells at the park and neighborhood have made sniffling really good. But coyotes howling at night sometimes keep me awake with their scary sounds. 
Mr. C and Mrs. S have been impressed at how well I do in the car. So lucky me I've been on two field trips. Yesterday I even got to taste fry bread after Mr. C and Mrs. S went on a mission tour. They had to switch off watching me because there are signs that say its against the law to leave pets in the car. I guess it can be dangerous when its hot.  
But I'm worried about their next field trip. I heard them discussing something about an art festival and not a good place for me. So I've been giving them my best sweet puppy eyes and tail wags hoping I won't be left behind. 

Check out my latest story for WWN .
http://www.wwnrockport.com/2015/02/the-world-according-to-bella-woodland.html
And lucky Mrs. S they published her chicken chili recipe.
Love, Bella

http://www.wwnrockport.com/2015/02/recipe-mexican-chicken-chili-by-sue.html
__________________________________________
Cook's notes: A Triple Chocolate Cookie recipe sure to please your valentine. Note the recipe calls for little flour so batter will be a bit runny. The secret to making these cookie is be sure to beat egg/sugar mixture for 5 minutes. Chill batter for 45 minutes before baking. . 
Recipe adapted from Food Network Magazine January/February 2015 and makes 2 dozen cookies.
Triple-Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 6 TB. butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 large eggs at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts
Directions:
  • Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • Whisk in a bowl flour, baking powder and salt.
  • Combine chocolate and butter, microwave in 20 second intervals, stir until smooth. Add in vanilla and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
  • Beat eggs in another bowl on medium speed until foamy, about 1 minute. 
  • Gradually add the sugar to the eggs and beat until thick and pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
  • Gradually add melted chocolate mixture to butter sugar mixture and beat until just combined. 
  • Reduce mixer speed to low, add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and beat until combined, about 1 minute. 
  • Fold in nuts and chips. Refrigerate batter 45 minutes. 
  • Drop heaping tablespoons of batter on prepared pans. Bake 11 minutes, cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mexican Street Corn Salad and Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf

There are many reasons to celebrate spring as nature begins to put on a showy display. With May around the corner, celebrations abound with ...