- 1 quart black cherry chunk ice cream
- 1 regular package of Oreo cookies (not Double Stuff brand) you will use 2-1/2 rows of the package.
- 5 TB. melted butter
- 1/2 cup prepared fudge sauce
- Remove ice cream carton from freezer to soften.
- In a food processor crush cookies (you will use about 2 and 1/2 rows of Oreos that have been broken up).
- Add in 5 TB. melted butter to food processor and mix well.
- Press cookie crumbs into a glass pie pan and up the sides-reserve 1/2 cup cookie crumbs and set aside.
- Place the pie pan in freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Remove pie and add 1/2 of the softened carton of ice cream, smooth out ice cream evenly in pie pan. Swirl in 1/ 2 cup slightly warmed fudge sauce and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cookie crumbs.
- Return pie to freezer for an hour or until ice cream is fairly firm.
- Add rest of softened ice cream and garnish with rest of cookie crumbs. Lightly cover with wax paper and freeze about 8 hours until firm. Then cover with 2 layers of foil.
- To serve, let pie stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into pie shaped wedges and top with slightly warmed fudge sauce and a cherry.
Black Forest Ice Cream Pie