A fresh classic salad classic with blackberries, mixed greens, goat cheese, red onion and smoked almonds, tossed with a creamy balsamic vinaigrette.
- Fresh ripe blackberries
- Baby greens mix (I used baby spinach and arugula)
- Soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Red onion slices
- 1/4 cup smoked salted almonds (or any almonds)
- Optional adding in diced cucumbers or zucchini
- Rinse blackberries and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Place the greens on plates, top with blackberries, goat cheese crumbles, onions and almonds. Drizzle with the desired amount of vinaigrette dressing and serve.
It's tangy, and easy to make at home. Recipe makes enough for 2 salads. Taste test for flavor balance. If you like a sweeter dressing add in more maple syrup or honey.
- 2 TB. aged good quality balsamic vinegar or blueberry vinegar
- 1 TB. Dijon mustard
- 1 TB. maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 TB. olive oil