A link to learn more about Elliot's poem.
Pepperoni and Sausage Deep-Dish Pizza Quiche
A gift of fresh basil from a friend's garden spiraled this recipe into the making.
Cook's Notes: Can't decide between quiche and pizza when both sound good? Then this recipe might just be the one for you. It combines all your favorite Italian pizza flavors into a brunch or dinner item. Recipe adapted from Taste of Home August September 2019
I used a 11 inch quiche dish but a 9 x 9 square pan would work,increase your baking time by a few minutes.
- 3 cups pizza cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley flakes
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- Fresh basil, optional
- Soften cream cheese a few hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle 1 cup pizza cheese in a greased quiche dish or 9 x 9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream cheese, milk, Parmesan, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and parsley. Pour into dish and bake 22 minutes.
- Remove and spread 1 cup pizza sauce over egg mixture; top with cooked crumbled sausage, pepperoni and remaining cheese. Bake until golden brown and bubbly 10 minutes and add snipped fresh basil last two minutes cooking time.
- Let quiche set 5 minutes before cutting. Top with fresh basil.